Lead Ranger - Visitor Sales and Enquiries
ZEALANDIA is renowned world-wide as a leading conservation, education, research and tourism organisation in Wellington. Our achievements have been recognised as one of the world top 100 greatest places by Time magazine and a top 10 Wellington tourist destination. ZEALANDIA’s Centre for People and Nature will enhance ZEALANDIA’s reputation internationally in the fields of conservation, research and learning, and as one of Wellington’s leading providers of outdoor education programmes.
The Lead Ranger – Visitor Sales and Enquiries leads a team of up to 20 people responsible for delivering excellence in customer services and sales to ZEALANDIA’s 100,000+ visitors per annum and 18,000+ members.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that sales targets for tours, membership and the gift shop are achieved.
- Managing the gift shop, online store and free shuttle service.
- Ensuring biosecurity arrangements are maintained as visitors enter the sanctuary valley.
- Lead, manage, train and recruit (as necessary) all direct reports in order to achieve ZEALANDIA’s organisational objectives and a high-quality experience for our visitors.
- Working closely with other Lead Rangers across the organisation to ensure effective cross team planning and communication.
- Maintain high standards of presentation of the admissions and foyer areas including closely monitoring the cleaning contractor.
- Support the organisation’s drive to embed mātauranga and te ao Māori throughout our work, within learning programmes, activities and plans.
Ideally you will have:
- 5-10 years’ experience in retail sales or the tourism industry where the role is focused on sales conversations with visitors.
- Experience in managing teams and on mentoring staff towards achieving ambitious sales targets.
- Excellent administration and computer skills - able to confidently and competently work with CRM tools.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to manage difficult conversations at times.
- A full driver’s licence.
While it would be beneficial to have experience in the not-for-profit sector, a passion for connecting the public with conservation and nature is critical. The preferred candidate will appreciate the dynamics of a not-for-profit organisation with limited resources and community needs, so is willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes.
To apply, please email your cover letter, application form and CV to email@example.com
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or valid NZ work visa.
Applications close 5pm Friday 5th March 2021.